We’ve identified culprit behind Ibadan explosion, Makinde

0
46

By Ade Adeloye, Ibadan

Oyo State governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde on Thursday disclosed that the state has identified the company that stored the explosive device that wrecked havoc in the state capital on Tuesday evening.

It would be recalled that explosion recked havoc at Dejo Oyelese Street, Adeyi Avenue, Old Bodija , Ibadan on Tuesday evening, destroying lives and properties that worth millions of naira.

Engr. Makinde while addressing newsmen in Ibadan on Thursday revealed various medical and security measures the state has put in place to ensure safety of lives and properties, but said that the culprit will be brought to justice.

He emphasized that three deaths had been recorded while 77 victims who suffered various degrees of injuries are receiving medical attention from government and private hospitals.

The Governor, who appealed to the affected people to stay off their buildings until integrity tests are carried out on them , gave assurance that the scene of the event has been secured against hoodlums who may want to leverage on the situation to loot or perpetrate crime.

Makinde instructed the hotels to accommodate genuine victims of the explosion on the bills of the state government.

Meanwhile, the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA has said that no fewer than 58 houses have been confirmed affected by Tuesday’s explosion in Ibadan.

The Director General of NEMA, Mustapha Ahmed made the declaration when he and his team paid an assessment visit to the scene of the incident in Ibadan.