Nigeria’s largest oil operator, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, says it spent N49.69 billion on pipeline repairs and management cost between January and October 2020.

In a statement of NNPC’s financial and operation report for October 2020, a total of 506 vandalised points were recorded within a year; October 2019 and October 2020.

pipe line nm

The corporation noted that the total amount spent within 10 months by the corporation to repair and manage pipelines are as follows: N5.48 billion in January; N6.74 billion in February; N7.70 billion in March; N7.84 billion in April; N7.99 billion in May.

Recall that in June, a total cost of N6.24 billion was incurred: N1.80 billion in July; N1.50 billion in August; and N4.41 billion in October, as no pipeline repairs and management cost was incurred in September 2021.


     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});


According to them, “Products theft and vandalism have continued to destroy value and put NNPC at a disadvantaged competitive position,” the report read.

“This month (October 2020) 23 pipeline points were vandalized representing about a 10 percent increase from the 21 points recorded in September 2020.

“Of this figure, Mosimi Area accounted for 83 percent of the vandalised points while Port Harcourt Area merely accounted for the remaining 17 percent.

repair nnpc nigpilot

“NNPC, in collaboration with the local communities and other stakeholders, continuously strive to reduce and eventually eliminate this menace.”

However, NNPC had earlier in January, announced that 96 companies expressed interest in the rehabilitation of its downstream infrastructure, ranging from critical pipelines to depots and terminals.



     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. The content of this Website is made available by the Nigerian Pilot Newspaper Publisher. This Website seeks to facilitate the dissemination of informative, engaging, and constructive news about events in Nigerian, Africa, and Globally as they happen. The “Distributer” of Information is the Nigerian Pilot Newspaper and Nigerian Pilot Tv brands of Dom Communication, LLC.

DISCLAIMER: FAKE NEWS PUBLICATION. This Website NigPilot collects information from several Independent Reporters and may contain unauthenticated and/or copyrighted materials the utilization of which has not generally been explicitly approved or authorized by the copyright proprietor. NigPilot with concern to increase in misleading social media publications, please report any such Fake, False, or Misleading News to [email protected] for immediate action.

FAIR USE NOTICE. In accordance with THE LAW, the material on this Website is included for informational and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond “fair use,” you must obtain permission from the copyright owner or Nigerian Pilot WEBMASTER. For Nigerian Pilot Newspaper Advert Rates Click Here!