All Progressives Congress, APC, appointed former Borno State governor, Senator Kashim Shettima, as the chairman of APC Cross River North Senatorial Campaign Council, ahead of the rescheduled December 5 concurrent legislative by-elections.
The by-election which was earlier scheduled for October 31 was postponed by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, following security concern occasioned by the nationwide #EndSARS protests.
According to a statement issued by Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena, the 7-man Campaign Council is expected to be inaugurated on Wednesday, November 18 by 2pm at the Party’s National Secretariat.
Other members of the council include:
1. Mr. Festus Keyamo (SAN) – Member
2. Hon. Goddy Jedy Agba – Member
3. Amb. Anthony Ogah Dimo – Member
4. Alh. Bala Mohammed Gwagwarwa – Member
5. Joshua Akpan – Member
6. Mrs. Stella Oketete – *Secretary*
Recall that Legislative by-elections will be conducted across eight (8) States of the Federation as follows;
1. Bayelsa Central Senatorial District Election, Bayelsa State
2. Bayelsa West Senatorial District Election, Bayelsa State
3. Nganzai State Constituency Borno, Borno State
4. Bayo State Constituency, Borno State
5. Cross River North Senatorial District, Cross River State.
6. Obudu State Constituency, Cross River State
7. Imo North Senatorial District, Imo State
8. Lagos East Senatorial District, Lagos State
9. Kosofe II State Constituency, Lagos State
10. Plateau South Senatorial District, Plateau State
11. Bakura State Constituency, Zamfara State
12. Ibaji State Constituency, Kogi State